Do I need IT Liability insurance?

Whether you are a website developer or an IT consultant, all professionals working within the Information Technology Industry should consider IT Liability Insurance. This is becoming more important as businesses increasingly depend on online systems and IT products and services. Clients expect sound advice and installation, relying on you to ensure their systems are working efficiently. 

If a company manufactured computer software and sold it to a customer with a defect, there could be both a products claim for the damage it caused to the clients’ system, and a Professional Indemnity claim for the financial loss or error in design.

What does IT Liability cover?

IT Liability Insurance protects you and your business against instances where there may be a failure in your IT products, services or advice. It also protects you in the event of a hack of your IT systems.

It combines the following into one insurance solution:

  • Professional Indemnity
  • Public Liability
  • Products Liability

Who should consider IT Liability cover?

We recommend considering IT Liability insurance across the following professions:

  • IT Consultants
  • Telecommunication providers
  • Web hosting companies
  • Internet Service Providers
  • IT Recruitment and placement services
  • Software developers
  • Hardware and software re-sellers

Suggested Searches

  • Melbourne Office
  • Financial Service
  • Quote
  • Insurance Services
  • Trade Credit Insurance
  • Strata
  • Claims
  • Real Estate

Contact Us

Contact Information

  • Suite 8.01, Level 8, The Gardens North Tower, Mid Valley City (Lingkaran Syed Putra) 59200 Kuala Lumpur