Do I need Marine insurance?

It is likely you will need Marine Insurance if you operate or work in a business within the Mining, Tourism, Import and Export industries.

Marina operators, yacht clubs, port authorities, freight forwarding and removal companies, wholesale businesses and trucking and logistics professionals may also require a Marine Insurance policy.

What does Marine Insurance cover?

Marine Insurance offers protection across a number of exposures including:

  • Cargo insurance
  • Carriers insurance
  • Hull insurance
  • Marine Liability
  • Marine consequential loss insurance

What can a Marine Claim look like?

Our client was contracted to transport flour from South Australia to Melbourne. During transit, sacks of flour had moved, and the stock was re-loaded to complete the transit. Prior to reloading the trailer floor was swept but not hosed down – upon arrival shards of glass were found on the trailer floor and the buyer rejected the consignment. 

The insurer inspected the trailer floor and denied the claim on the grounds there was no evidence glass had penetrated the sacks. Following claims representations by Honan on behalf of the client, we successfully persuaded the insurer to accept the claim given the risk of serious injury if only one piece was embedded in the flour.

Suggested Searches

  • Melbourne Office
  • Financial Service
  • Quote
  • Insurance Services
  • Trade Credit Insurance
  • Strata
  • Claims
  • Real Estate

Contact Us

Contact Information

  • Suite 8.01, Level 8, The Gardens North Tower, Mid Valley City (Lingkaran Syed Putra) 59200 Kuala Lumpur