1. THE CRUX OF WHY YOUR TEAM EXISTS?
We assist and support the wider business with all things accounting and finance related. This includes providing timely financial results to the Brokers, Management, and the Board to enable decision making. We also ensure financial compliance is adhered to in order to maintain our Australian Financial Services Licence. Finally, we help the business with merger and acquisition activity and integration. This is increasingly important as the business grows.
2. QUOTE TO CAPTURE YOUR TEAM’S ETHOS / APPROACH / CULTURE?
“If you are willing to work hard and ask lots of questions, you can learn business pretty fast”.
Steve Jobs ~ Apple Co-Founder.
3. IF WE WERE A SPORTS TEAM, WE’D BE CALLED …
4. GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO ONE CLIENT / CUSTOMER YOUR TEAM IS PARTICULARLY INSPIRED BY RIGHT NOW, AND WHY?
While our core function isn’t assisting clients directly, we help service clients by assisting with the development of products such as premium funding and payment terms. We work regularly with suppliers and internal divisions. Some recent highlights include:
- Prerit Chelani – our Solution Architect from Trinamix, is always available to find/talk through a solution for our Oracle platform.
- Deloitte – we have a strong and trusted relationship with Deloitte, our external auditors and tax advisors. We have worked on a number of projects together to grow and enhance the business. They also provide great insights, trends and training for the team.
- Global Benefits Australia – we are particularly impressed by their growth this financial year and their recent Salesforce roll-out.
5. REFLECTING ON THE YEAR TO DATE, HIT US WITH YOUR TEAM’S TOP 3 HEADLINES.
- Our ongoing partnership with TA Associates allows us to grow and leverage their insights, skills and relationships.
- Integrating part of the Singapore and Malaysia back end accounting into the Australian Finance team and launching a new broking platform.
- Adoption of remote work practices during the COVID-19 lockdowns. With the majority of our team being Melbourne-based, we spent most of the year working remotely. It was a challenge, but the experience made us stronger as a team!
6. HONAN’S ‘WITH YOU ALL THE WAY’ BRAND PROMISE IS ONE WE’RE PROUD TO HONOUR IN BOTH OUR DEALINGS WITH CLIENTS, BUT INTERNALLY ACROSS THE BUSINESS TOO. WHAT DOES ‘WITH YOU ALL THE WAY’ LOOK LIKE WITHIN YOUR TEAM? HOW DO YOU SUPPORT EACH OTHER THROUGH CHALLENGES AND WINS ALIKE?
With You All The Way is an important promise for our team. We work alongside our Client Executives and Brokers to ensure we deliver the best possible work and solutions to clients. Having a Finance team that understands the broking environment and challenges involved allows us to support them and each other in the best possible way.
7. IF YOU COULD PICK ONE BRILLIANT PERSON – DEAD OR ALIVE – TO JOIN YOUR TEAM, WHO WOULD IT BE AND WHY?
Edwin Flack was Australia’s first Olympian and our first gold medalist (winning the 800m and 1500m sprints in 1896). He was also a pretty good accountant, running his own business (Davey Flack & Co which then became Price Waterhouse Australia – later PwC). Our team like to stay fit and healthy and he would have been a fitting addition for us.
8. LOOKING AHEAD, WHAT IS YOUR TEAM MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO OVER THE NEXT 6-12 MONTHS?
Our business has grown significantly in recent years, including a number of acquisitions, which allows us to expand our range of services and geographical presence. We look forward to fully integrating these businesses into the Honan family. We will also oversee a number of system upgrades and new system implementations which will continue to streamline our processes.
Meet the Honan Life team here.