Steve Pappas– Head of Global & Networks
Joined Honan: January 2012
A quote capturing your approach to your role
“Work hard, have fun, make history” – Jeff Bezos (Amazon founder).
Tell us about yourself
My first role at Honan was as the Financial Accountant back in 2012, meaning I was an accountant in my former life. In 2016 I moved to broking and have enjoyed it ever since. I am constantly meeting new people and gaining further understanding of my clients’ businesses. The fast pace of broking means every day is different. Outside of work, I am trying to catch up with family and friends…or most likely watching too much sport on the couch!
What does the Head of Global & Networks do?
My role has three key components:
- Placement of new business for clients locally, as well as inbound referrals from overseas
- Servicing our portfolio of clients and building relationships with our global networks, including the Worldwide Broker Network (WBN)
- Managing the Global team at Honan to continue providing our clients and our overseas partner brokers a truly market-leading service.
What are 3 things you find most motivating about your role?
- Understanding what makes our clients tick
- Finding the right insurance solution for each of our clients
- Working with a young and vibrant team.
Biggest learning from your time at Honan?
To fully engage with the people and resources available both at Honan and our partner brokers overseas. It is important to share ideas, identify past problems and develop future-focused solutions.
Your core focus for the year ahead?
I believe our clients will continue to ask to be further educated on the state of the market and the mechanisms that drive premiums and limits etc. We will be be providing that material regularly (via webinars, Thought Leadership publications, and LinkedIn updates) to help our clients have meaningful discussions within their own organisations about the insurance landscape.
Recommended further reading / a great online resource?
I know it’s a bit of a cliché, but I still read the Australian Financial Review (AFR) every day. It’s the best daily update on what’s happening in the economy and how it’s affecting our clients.
WITH YOU ALL THE WAY
Head of Global & Networks